There are at least 6 bands named Sneakers: 1. A US Powerpop band active from 1973 to 1983
2. A late 1970's US, North Carolina punk band
3. A Danish rock band founded in 1979 by Morten Kærså and Poul Halberg.
4. A 4 piece band from Scotland
5. An Italian - Depeche Mode cover Band.
6. A Hardcore Punk band from West Java, Indonesia. Biographies are listed below. #1st: A Powerpop band active from 1973 to 1983, that featured Chris Stamey and Mitch Easter, who later came to prominence spearheading the bands The dB's and Let's Active (as well as producing R.E.M.) respectively.